- 20 miles (32km)
- 1600 ft (490m)
- 5 to 6 hrs
What You’ll Explore
San Francisco is View City, and with our e-bikes, we can take full advantage. Our electric bike tour visits the neighborhoods and parks we love but aren’t easily accessible on ordinary bikes. Our e-bikes have plenty of power and battery capacity to propel us through the city and over the hills, and on this big 20-mile loop, we visit quintessential SF neighborhoods, the city’s most beautiful parklands, and the stunningly rugged Pacific coast. We also get the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge (assuming Karl the Fog isn’t covering it).
We don’t worry about hills because our e-bikes help us do the climbing. This tour has opened up so many new places for us to visit. We couldn’t be more excited to show you around electric-style.
We’ll stop for lunch about halfway through the tour. Veggie and vegan options available.
$6 discount for students, teachers, and military
Neighborhoods & Areas Visited
- Hayes Valley: Our start and finish. A local’s favorite with boutique shops, cafes, and a busy park on sunny days.
- Alamo Square: Home to the Painted Ladies and one of the most iconic views in the city.
- Panhandle: The handle to Golden Gate Park’s “pan,” this narrow park boasts redwood, cypress, and pine trees.
- Richmond: Sleepy residential avenues with untrendy, delicious food.
- Presidio: Former military complex turned national park, the Presidio is filled with historic brick buildings and quiet forests, all in the city limits.
- Golden Gate Bridge: The one, the only. Note: We get up close, but do not ride on the bridge. You should save that for another day.
- Sunset: Mellow residential hood stretching out to Ocean Beach. A calmer and quieter San Francisco.
- Golden Gate Park: The city’s ultimate treasure, it is where we go to run, ride, play, and think.
- Haight-Ashbury: The famous 1960’s hippie hangout and former home to the Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, and more.
- Castro: Vibrant, colorful, and rooted in activism, the Castro is sure to put a smile on your face.
- Mission: Dynamic neighborhood with Latino roots and an abundance of historic murals.
Electric bikes with plenty of battery. We use Pedego City Commuters, featuring five levels of pedal assist and 7 gears. Regular and “step-through” models available in a variety of colors.
Need to Know
- E-bike tours are for ages 16+.
- Prices include bicycle and helmet. Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide.
- Booking for one person? Great – we love solo travelers! Please note we require 2 or more participants to run a tour. If you are the only one booked the day before a tour, we may ask you to move to a different tour or give you a full refund.
Our e-bikes were selected for their power and long-lasting batteries. We ride at a casual pace and cover a lot of ground. An e-bike makes the pedaling much, much easier, however, you are riding a powerful bike and must put effort into it. You will need confidence and dexterity as we climb and descend very steep hills this tour. If you haven’t been on a bike in years, you should practice beforehand.
We take safety very seriously. Our tours take you on San Francisco’s safest bike lanes, bike routes, and quiet streets. We provide safety instructions before each tour. Helmets (provided) are mandatory.
Before and After Your Tour
Need to grab a coffee or a bite to eat before or after your tour? Check out our recommendations.
Continue your Bicycle Adventure
We offer bike tour participants a 30% discount on bike rentals at our sister company CityRide Bike Rentals. We include a rental discount code in your bike tour confirmation email. Make sure to enter this code when reserving your bike rental online at the CityRide website. Please contact us if you don’t find it or have any questions.