- 17-18 miles (27-29km)
- 515 ft (157m)
- 5.5 to 6 hrs
Winter special: Use code “winter” for 20% off!
The 7×7 is currently available by request only. Please contact us.
What You’ll Explore
San Francisco covers 49 square miles, and on this tour, you’ll see the best of it. Our longest tour on regular (non-electric) bikes, the 7×7 is filled with historical stories and cultural exploration, with lots of neighborhoods, sights, and city icons mixed in.
Highlights include epic views, (including views of the Golden Gate Bridge), hippy history, a dip into Golden Gate Park, a ride through the Presidio (a national park in the city limits), the bay waterfront, Ferry Building, baseball stadium (go Giants!), houseboats, and sacred street art. Depending on the tour’s start time, we’ll stop for lunch or snacks. Get ready–it’s going to be an epic day!
$6 discount for students, teachers, and military
Neighborhoods & Areas Visited
- Hayes Valley: Our start and finish. A local’s favorite with boutique shops, cafes, and a busy park on sunny days.
- Lower Haight: Less famous than its Haight sibling up the hill, Lower Haight boasts hip shops, local bars, and the famous Wiggle bike route.
- Panhandle: The handle to Golden Gate Park’s “pan,” this narrow park boasts redwood, cypress, and pine trees.
- Haight-Ashbury: The famous 1960’s hippie hangout and former home to the Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, and more.
- Golden Gate Park: The city’s ultimate treasure, it is where we go to run, ride, play, and think.
- Richmond: Sleepy residential avenues with untrendy, delicious food.
- Presidio: Former military complex turned national park, the Presidio is filled with historic brick buildings and quiet forests, all in the city limits.
- Marina: Ah, the good life: beautiful homes, quiet streets, and views of the bay.
- Fort Mason: Former army post now boasts public space, a busy park, and a youth hostel.
- Embarcadero: Long stretch of bay waterfront with piers, walkers, runners, bikers, restaurants and bars.
- SoMa: Filled with warehouses converted into tech start-up offices, this is SF’s digital capital
- South Beach: Home of AT&T Park, where the San Francisco Giants play.
- Mission Bay: As new as it gets in SF, Mission Bay is filled with brand new residential and commercial buildings. It’s like a whole new city in the city.
- Mission: Dynamic neighborhood with Latino roots and an abundance of historic murals.
City Bike with 7-8 speeds & upright sitting position. Regular and “step-through” frame styles available. Brands include Public, Specialized, Breezer, and Civia in a variety of colors.
Bike Tour Map
Please Note: Our tour routes vary day to day. Your tour’s route will probably differ slightly than the sample route below.
Need to Know
- Prices include bicycle and helmet. Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide.
- Booking for one person? Great – we love solo travelers! Please note we require 2 or more participants to run a tour. If you are the only one booked the day before a tour, we may ask you to move to a different tour or give you a full refund.
Our 7×7 can be tiring! If you’re unsure if you’ll enjoy 17-18 miles of biking with some hills, please contact us. We are happy to discuss if the 7×7 is the right tour for you.
We take safety very seriously. Our tours take you on San Francisco’s safest bike lanes, bike routes, and quiet streets. We provide safety instructions before each tour. Helmets (provided) are mandatory.
Before and After Your Tour
Need to grab a coffee or a bite to eat before or after your tour? Check out our recommendations.
Continue your Bicycle Adventure
We offer bike tour participants a 30% discount on bike rentals at our sister company CityRide Bike Rentals. We include a rental discount code in your bike tour confirmation email. Make sure to enter this code when reserving your bike rental online at the CityRide website. Please contact us if you don’t find it or have any questions.
Book The 7×7
Don’t forget: Enter code “winter” to get 20% off.