We are looking for top-notch bike guides who can provide our clientele with exceptional, unforgettable experiences. We’re a young company, but our goal is to be the best in the business. We’re already top rated on Trip Advisor, and you’ll help us get even better!
What kind of guides are we looking for? Read through the questions below. If you can answer “yes” to most of them, we’d love to hear from you.
- Do you have exceptional people skills? Can you converse with all different types of people? Are you interested in other people’s stories?
- Do you know San Francisco? Its food, wild history, and modern happenings? What about its diversity, eccentric people, and public art?
- Do you have outdoor or urban guiding experience?
- Are you energized by quickly thinking on your feet? Can you solve problems confidently and on the fly?
- Do you have bike maintenance skills? If not, are you willing to learn?
- Can you work weekends and holidays?
- Does working in a young, unique, fun, and growing organization appeal to you? Does it excite you that you could help us refine our day-to-day processes, offerings, and future direction?
- Are you ready to spend your working hours riding bikes around San Francisco with brand new friends from all over the world, showing off what you love most about the city?
- Do you speak fluent English?
We want savvy, creative, well-traveled people passionate about San Francisco and bicycles. Is that you? Then please, send us your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to be creative and show us your passion for this type of work.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Being a SoSF Bike Guide is hard work but a ton of fun. We look forward to hearing from you!
Bike Rental Coordinator
Our sister company, CityRide Bike Rentals, is hiring part-time Customer Service Reps to process bike rentals and help locals and visitors figure out great stuff to do in the city.
CityRide is not your typical rental shop:
– we provide a level of service beyond any other rental company.
– we have a family-style culture that makes work fun.
– we put the utmost care into our bikes.
– our bikes don’t look like “tourist” bikes with loud advertising.
– we have stellar Yelp reviews that reflect our high-end customer service
Why work at CityRide?
We’re a small company (under 15 employees year round) and love what we do. We’re passionate about providing exceptional service and getting people super excited to ride bikes around SF. We work hard and have fun while doing it.
You’ll do a variety of tasks, including:
– processing bike rentals
– fitting customers to bikes and explaining how their bikes work
– explaining rules of the road and safe biking techniques
– suggesting great bike routes
– giving personal recommendations
– answering phone calls and emails
– basic bike maintenance (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
– shop organization
– various projects
– Open and close shop
– Able to work weekends
– Friendly, welcoming personality for all types of people
– Proactive, cooperative work ethic to contribute to a productive, drama-free work environment
– Ability to multi-task and stay calm and focused in a busy environment
– Capacity to learn basic bike mechanic skills
– Basic computer skills (email, Google Docs, iPad register)
– Bike maintenance skills helpful but not required.
We offer a competitive hourly wage plus bonuses twice a year. There’s room for growth for the right candidates.
Send your resume to email@example.com.
In the email, include a paragraph or two explaining why you want to work for us and why you think you’d be good at it.
Be sure to check out the CityRide website and online reviews to learn more.