Bike Guide – Spring 2015
We are looking for top-notch bike guides who can provide our clientele with exceptional, unforgettable experiences. We’re a young company, but our goal is to be the best in the business. We’re already top rated on Trip Advisor, but you’ll help us get even better!
What kind of guides are we looking for? Read through the questions below. If you can answer “yes” to most of them, we’d love to hear from you.
- Do you have exceptional people skills? Can you converse with all different types of people? Are you interested in other people’s stories?
- Do you know San Francisco? Its food, wild history, and modern happenings? What about its diversity, eccentric people, and public art?
- Do you have outdoor or urban guiding experience?
- Are you energized by quickly thinking on your feet? Can you solve problems confidently and on the fly?
- Do you have bike maintenance skills? If not, are you willing to learn?
- Can you work weekends and holidays?
- Does working in a young, unique, fun, and growing organization appeal to you? Does it excite you that you could help us refine our day-to-day processes, offerings, and future direction?
- Are you ready to spend your working hours riding bikes around San Francisco with brand new friends from all over the world, showing off what you love most about the city?
- Do you speak fluent English?
We want savvy, creative, well-traveled people passionate about San Francisco and bicycles. Is that you? Then please, send us your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to be creative and show us your passion for this type of work.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Being a SoSF Bike Guide is hard work but a ton of fun. We look forward to hearing from you!
Bike Rental Coordinator – Spring 2015
This is a part-time customer service position. Our Rental Coordinators help people get set up on their bikes and suggest great routes to ride.
If you answer “yes” to the below questions, this is a job is for you.
- Do you come across as a smiling, happy, welcoming person?
- Do you want to spend your time working for an amazing small business, in a cool San Francisco neighborhood, mostly outside?
- Do you love bikes? Do you know your way around the city on a bike?
- Do you love San Francisco and are you willing to share everything you love about this city? (Locals or long-term residents preferred but not necessary)
- Are you comfortable working in a family environment? (We are a very small company with just a handful of employees.)
- Facilitating bike rentals: This includes working the iPad register, fitting people to bikes and explaining how they work, giving a “safety brief,” going over our bike map, and giving personal recommendations.
- Reservations: When not engaging with customers you will be working on reservations, answering emails and phone calls.
- Work on projects.
Hours will vary from 20-30 hrs per week. Possible growth opportunities beyond this time period. You must be able to work weekends.
– Team SoSF